Apprentice and Trainee Re-engagement Register
Information and support for apprentices and trainees from small or medium sized businesses who have lost their jobs
The National Apprentice Employment Network (NAEN) is coordinating the re‑engagement of apprentices and trainees who have recently lost their job with potential employers.
This register has been established for:
- apprentices and trainees who were employed by a small or medium sized business and have lost their jobs
- employers from any size business who have a vacancy for an apprentice or trainee
Who can register here:
- Apprentices and trainees from small businesses who were in a training contract at 1 March 2020 or 1 July 2020 and have since lost their jobs
- Apprentices and trainees from medium businesses who were in a training contract at 1 July 2020 and have since lost their jobs
- Employers of any size, including Group Training Organisations, who wish to register their details and post a vacancy for an apprentice or trainee
What are the benefits of re-engagement for employers and Group Training Organisations?
- You will be employing an apprentice or trainee that comes with existing training and employment experience under their belt
- You may be eligible to receive a wage subsidy under the Supporting Apprentices and Trainees measure administered by Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) providers.
To find out more information regarding the re-engagement subsidy visit the Department of Education, Skills and Employment’s Supporting Apprentices and Trainees webpage, or speak with your local AASN provider.