Apprentice and Trainee Re-engagement Register
Information and support for small business apprentices and trainees who have lost their jobs from 1 March 2020
The National Apprentice Employment Network (NAEN) is coordinating the re‑engagement of recently displaced apprentices and trainees with potential employers.
This register has been established for:
- apprentices and trainees who have lost their jobs with small business employers
- employers from any size business who have a vacancy for an apprentice or trainee
Who can register here:
- Apprentices and trainees who were in a training contract at 1 March 2020 and who have since lost their jobs
- Employers, including Group Training Organisations, who wish to register their details and post a vacancy for an apprentice or trainee
What are the benefits of re-engagement for employers and Group Training Organisations?
- You will be employing an apprentice or trainee that comes with existing training and employment experience under their belt
- You may be eligible to receive a wage subsidy under the Supporting Apprentices and Trainees measure administered by Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) providers.
To find out more information regarding the re-engagement subsidy visit the Department of Education, Skills and Employment’s Supporting Apprentices and Trainees webpage, or speak with your local AASN provider.