A Group Training Organisation (GTO) offers you expert advice and assistance in finding the right apprentice or trainee for your business. You will find GTOs in urban, regional and remote areas of Australia, where they skill and support Australian apprentices and trainees.
Benefits of Group Training for your business:
- Group training is an easy and cost effective way to take on an apprentice or trainee.
- GTOs employ apprentices and trainees and place them with a host business for varying periods of time until the apprenticeship or traineeship has been completed.
- GTOs manage recruitment, training contracts, wages and entitlements, administration, training delivery and monitor skill development.
- GTOs provide flexibility to your business without a long term training contract.
- Through a GTO, apprentices and trainees can be changed and moved to suit your business needs.
- GTOs are active in most industries – automotive, construction, electrical, plumbing, engineering, horticulture, community services, retail, hospitality, business administration and more.
- GTOs can organise apprenticeships and traineeships wherever you are, in both city and regional areas in all states and territories.
To contact or find out more about GTOs near you, take a look at our Directory with a full list of NAEN member GTOs.
Employing Apprentices: Making apprenticeships work in your business
Employing Apprentices has a collection of resources to help employers of apprentices and trainees, or organisations that assist employers wanting to take on an apprentice or trainee. On the website, you’ll be able to access good practice guides, tools, templates, checklists and links to other useful websites.
Discover more about the many ways you can succeed through vocational education and training by visiting myskills.gov.au.