The resources below are provided for your convenience. However, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are reviewing the latest information provided in the external links. NAEN does not take responsibility for or endorse the information contained in any external web-sites.
Skills and Employment around recent Stimulus Package announcements.
Supporting Apprentices and Trainees – provides information about potential wage subsidies to small businesses (including those using a Group Training Organisation)
Apprenticeships Incentives Program Guidelines. – updated apprentice guidelines including new wage subsidy for small business
Treasury’s updated fact sheet – provides information on additional announcements including Boosting Cash Flow for Employers measure
Links for further information can be found below:
- The Department’s website (click on ‘– Questions and Answers’ in the sidebar on the left of the page)
- The Australian Apprenticeships website
For Apprentices and Trainees
- Information about what work related expenses Apprentices may be able to claim – Australian Taxation Office https://www.ato.gov.au/uploadedFiles/Content/IND/Downloads/Apprentice.pdf
For Employing GTOs
- Getting workplace ready for COVID-19 World Health Organisation update 27 Feb 2020.
- Information about the novel-coronavirus – Department of Education – Factsheets for schools and early childhood education and care services, parents, students and universities
- Uni degree no longer guarantees job security in growing gig economy, 31 January 2020, Sydney Morning Herald https://www.smh.com.au/business/workplace/uni-degree-no-longer-guarantees-job-security-in-growing-gig-economy-20200129-p53vv6.html