The resources below are provided for your convenience. However, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are reviewing the latest information provided in the external links. NAEN does not take responsibility for or endorse the information contained in any external web-sites.
Click here to view NAEN 2019-20 Annual Report
For Apprentices and Trainees
- Information about what work related expenses Apprentices may be able to claim – Australian Taxation Office 2021
- Australian Government $2 PPSR used car check:
When buying a used car privately you should conduct a $2 PPSR used car check to see if the car you are looking to buy is safe from repossession. The PPSR check can tell you if the car is:
- free from debt if not, the car could be repossessed by a finance company after you’ve purchased it without paying you a cent!);
- reported written-off (it could be damaged and dangerous);
- reported stolen (it could be reclaimed by police); and
- if part of the Takata airbag recall list (it could contain defective airbags)
- It’s also important to know that you should check the PPSR when buying second-hand equipment, such as bobcats, machinery, scaffolding etc. to ensure the goods are debt-free and safe from repossession by a bank or financier.
- For more information visit http://www.ppsr.gov.au/check-my-car or watch PPSR Consumer Plug N Play Video
For Employing GTOs
- Getting workplace ready for COVID-19 World Health Organisation update 27 Feb 2020.
- Information about the novel-coronavirus – Department of Education – Factsheets for schools and early childhood education and care services, parents, students and universities
Skills and Employment around recent Stimulus Package announcements.
- Supporting Apprentices and Trainees – provides information about potential wage subsidies to small businesses (including those using a Group Training Organisation)
- Apprenticeships Incentives Program Guidelines. – updated apprentice guidelines including new wage subsidy for small business
- Treasury’s updated fact sheet – provides information on additional announcements including Boosting Cash Flow for Employers measure
Links for further information can be found below:
- The Department’s website (click on ‘– Questions and Answers’ in the sidebar on the left of the page)
- The Australian Apprenticeships website
- Uni degree no longer guarantees job security in growing gig economy, 31 January 2020, Sydney Morning Herald https://www.smh.com.au/business/workplace/uni-degree-no-longer-guarantees-job-security-in-growing-gig-economy-20200129-p53vv6.html